The winger had made just a handful of substitute appearances for the Hammers since his £7million summer switch from Nottingham Forest. Even co-chairman David Gold appeared to have forgotten about Antonio, mistakenly retweeting a picture of him after an internet prankster appealed for information on a ‘missing friend’. “We hit the post with Mauro Zarate as well, so we definitely have the attacking threat, it’s just putting it in the back of the net.” Zarate rattled the post with 10 minutes remaining, shortly after Stoke’s Marko Arnautovic was denied by the woodwork with a deflected free-kick. City were without injured playmaker Xherdan Shaqiri but boss Mark Hughes hopes he will be fit to face Crystal Palace next weekend. “He’s had a little bit of discomfort in his hamstring for a couple of weeks now, and a scan showed a bit of damage at the bottom of his hamstring,” said Hughes. “So we erred on the side of safety, we have a busy period coming up and we felt if he misses one game then hopefully he he will be okay for next week.” Press Association But amidst an injury crisis at Upton Park, Antonio was handed his first start against Stoke and grabbed his opportunity with an all-action display in the goalless draw. “Michail did really well,” said manager Slaven Bilic. “He worked hard and has been waiting for his chance. Now he has got it and he used it really well. “Sometimes it is hard for a player to come in and take their chance when they get it. But he did exactly that and I am really pleased for him.” Antonio went close to claiming all three points for West Ham but his second-half volley was beaten away by City keeper Jack Butland. With Victor Moses ruled out for around six weeks with the hamstring injury he suffered against Manchester United, Antonio is likely to feature heavily over the Christmas period. “It felt unbelievable to get a chance,” he told the club website. “This was my boyhood dream to play in the Premier League and I’ve managed that. “Playing at Old Trafford last week set me up well for this game. It showed me the levels of the league and it was a good 50 minutes. He added: “They have been 0-0 draws, but they haven’t been 0-0 games. Against Man United we had quite a few opportunities, and in this game I had quite a few opportunities. Michail Antonio shook off his ‘missing man’ tag as he finally got a chance to impress for West Ham on Saturday.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALEPNA, MICH — Alpena County EMS and 911 is looking for a new face to fill an open position with the current director stepping down.Emergency Services Coordinator Burt Francisco is retiring after serving 18 months in the role. After committing nearly two decades to moving for his military job, Francisco says having the opportunity to connect with his community is what drew him to his current position.“The dispatchers are the first contact when someone in Alpena county is having, obviously, one of their worst days. So being involved in working with central dispatch has been rewarding to ensure that the citizens of Alpena county are getting the best dispatching operations that the county can provide. Ensuring that their getting medical, first responders, or law enforcement in their time in need.Francisco says he and his wife are both from Alpena, and are looking forward to finally making up for lost family time.We enjoy the small town here. We are going to continue to reside and stay in Alpena. We’re going to do some traveling. In my nearly 40 years in the military, my family, and my wife in particular has sacrificed a lot of family time. So it’s time for us to recoop that and to go and spend some time together and do a little traveling later on, but mostly just to spend time with her and with my children and all my grandchildren.Francisco says the application for the position will remain active until this Friday, June 14. AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: 911, Burt Francisco, EMS, Francisco, RetirementContinue ReadingPrevious Students from Ella White Elementary clean up Starlite Beach before the end of the school yearNext Alpena citizens share what they love about their fathers
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has backed the Football Association’s decision to hand Sam Allardyce the England job.Allardyce is set to leave Sunderland to succeed Roy Hodgson after a three-man FA panel containing chief executive Martin Glenn, technical director Dan Ashworth and vice-chairman David Gill concluded its interview process.Mourinho has locked horns with Allardyce in the past and accused him of “19th-century football tactics” two-and-a-half years ago after Chelsea were held to a goalless draw by West Ham.But the Portuguese insists he has a good relationship with the 61-year-old now and believes he is the right man to lead the Three Lions after their woeful Euro 2016 campaign.“I think he’s the right person for that, yes,” said Mourinho, when asked what he made of Allardyce’s appointment. “I think he is a good choice but I think he needs support and I think you can do better in respect to that because my experience in your country shows that me you, (the) football world, could do a bit better.“I think Sam never had the big chance at the highest level – lots of experiences in the Premier League but never that big one.“And now he has the big one, so I think he is more than ready. I think he is a good motivator, I think he can create a good team spirit with his player and I wish him the best.“From my side, not just as a friend but my side as Man United manager, the only thing I can promise is that I am going to try to support him the best way, prepare the players for him, try to have the English players always available in a good condition to help him.“I hope you can do the same because it’s your time. In Portugal we were waiting and waiting and finally we got it. I think it is time for you because ’66 (when England won their one and only major international trophy) was a long time ago, so good luck Big Sam.” 1 Jose Mourinho and Sam Allardyce
Vandals who slashed the tyres of a van at a Donegal tourism spot have been widely condemned.A group of international tourists were kayaking at the Boat Strand Beach / Trá a Bháid near Carrickfinn on Wednesday when their guide’s van was damaged.Two tyres were punctured while the van was parked at the pier. The act has been described as a disgraceful incident that could harm the area’s image. Cllr Michael Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig has called on whoever is responsible to stop.He said: “It’s very disappointing that this has happened. These are international kayakers coming into our community. This does not encourage tourism into the area. Tourism that’s needed in terms of employment and bringing money into the economy.“Adventure tourism is vital for our community, to bring people from the four corners to see how beautiful our community is.”Cllr Mac Giolla Easbuig said he has arranged a meeting with interested bodies and the council about the pier at Trá a Bháid, following a number of incidents in the last year. He added: “I would hope that this is an isolated incident. I would ask those individuals responsible to desist from doing such a thing.“The area belongs to the public. There is a handful of people doing fantastic work along with Donegal County Council to maintain and improve the area. This act does nothing for West Donegal.”Tyre slashing at seaside spot described as a disgrace to tourism was last modified: April 13th, 2018 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)