ILOILO – Locally stranded individuals (LSIs) from other provinces and cities are temporarily banned from entering this province, according to Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr. He clarified that only the return of LSIs from other provinces and cities was suspended. The return to Region 6 of stranded overseas workers would continue, he noted. “This has been confirmed by General Galvez of Inter Agency Task Force nga suspended gid man anay ang voyages sang aton LSIs. Supposed to be kahapon [nagsugod] but in so far as we are concerned, suspended na kay ti gintawgan naton kaina si Secretary Galvez [and] siling ‘ya consider it suspended,” Defensor explained. As of June 22, a total of 5,506 overseas workers have returned to Region, DOH data showed, and of these, 72 tested positive for COVID-19. He, however, said that there are two voyages carrying around 800 LSIs that left Metro Manila on Thursday, June 25 arrived in Region 6 on Friday. Friday last week, Defensor said he would ask the IATF-MEID to temporarily stop sending back to Iloilo the Ilonggos stranded in Cebu citing the rising number of COVID-19 infections there. The provincial government, according to Defensor, accepted this latest batch since their return was scheduled before the national government announced the suspension, which is part of the preparation to require all LSIs to undergo swab or reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) testing. The suspension took effect on Friday, June 26 and will last for two weeks. The rest just needed to secure a medical clearance stating they weren’t confirmed, suspected, or probably coronavirus cases and had completed a 14-day quarantine. “Thereturn of all LSIs to Iloilo and also to other provinces and cities [gin] stopped anay,” said Defensor, citing the directive of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID). These past few weeks, LSIs returning to Iloilo from Cebu and other parts of the country were not required to pass RT-PCR tests. They were only asked to present a travel authority and certificate stating they completed 14 days of quarantine. Previously, RT-PCR tests were only required for stranded individuals recovering from COVID-19. Here’s the breakdown of repatriated overseas workers: * Iloilo province – 1,780* Bacolod City – 831* Capiz – 641* Iloilo City – 629* Aklan – 591* Negros Occidental – 489* Antique – 403* Guimaras – 142 On May 25 President Rodrigo Duterte ordered concerned government agencies to bring home all overseas Filipino workers and other people stuck in Metro Manila and elsewhere due to the quarantine./PN
During his State of the Nation Address (SONA), President Rodrigo Duterte reported that the government has pump-primed the recovery and rehabilitation of MSMEs as he expressed optimism that the initiative will help them stabilize and recover from their losses. The DTI is also encouraging Filipinos to patronize local products to help local companies employing local workforce.(PIA Capiz/PN) “The DTI, through the Small Business Corporation, set up the P1-billion COVID-19 Assistance to Restart Enterprises or CARES Program to provide zero-interest loans for MSMEs affected by the pandemic,” Duterte said. “Approved loan applications of MSMEs in Capiz worth P2,830,000.00 are part of the estimated 23,000 loan applications submitted for approval nationwide,” said SBC Pondo Para sa Pagbabago (P3) coordinator Mark Paul Serran, adding that the micro – financing initiative is still part of the government’s P3 program and the intensified efforts to help businesses, MSMEs that were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic bounceback to business. The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and banks operating in the country are also enjoined by President Duterte to provide regulatory relief for the MSMEs and allow loan payment extensions, without incurring penalties and charges. ROXAS City – The Department of Trade and Industry through the Small Business Corporation (SBC) has already approved as of July 28 the loan application of at least 48 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Capiz. He also requested commercial establishments to give grace periods or allow deferment of payments, especially for MSMEs that were forced to close down during the quarantine period.
Loading… Both players will remain at their respective clubs for the remainder of the 2019/20 seasons including for the Champions League in August, which means they could face their future clubs in the competition – scheduled to be played in Lisbon.Pjanic, 30, joined the Bianconeri from Roma in the summer of 2016 and has clocked up 170 appearances in that timeframe, scoring 22 goals. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Barcelona have signed midfielder Miralem Pjanic from Juventus in a deal worth up to €65m while Arthur Melo will join Juventus in a transfer that could reach €82m.The deals were confirmed on Monday afternoon with the Blaugrana paying an initial €60m for Bosnian midfielder Pjanic alongside a further €5m in add-ons, with his four-year contract including a €400m release clause.Arthur’s move to the Italian champions has been processed for an initial €72m transfer fee with a further €10m in potential add-ons included. Promoted ContentWhat Is A Black Hole In Simple Terms?6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?Top 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooTop Tastiest Foods From All Over The World12 Countries With The Most Impressive Technological InnovationsBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets Read Also: Video: Messi pulls off genius assist from free-kick against Celta VigoArthur joined the Blaugrana in 2018 in a deal from Gremio worth an initial €31m plus a further €9m in variables and he had a contract with the club until the summer of 2024 with a €400m release clause, while transfermarkt gives him a market value of €55m.As has been widely reported, the Brazilian’s reluctance to leave the Camp Nou has been the biggest stumbling block for the exchange deal being processed but that hurdle has now been overcome.
NATIONAL Sports Commission (NSC) Director of Sport, Christopher Jones, says the Guyana Volleyball Federation’s (GVF) “Spikedown 2K19″ will significantly help to develop the sport.Yesterday’s press conference at the NSC’s Mandela Avenue office, saw the pact being made by Jones along with GVF president Levi Nedd and organisers of the event, second year University of Guyana Law students Andre Jagnandan and Kristoff Shepperd.The two students approached Director Jones as they were conscious that volleyball had been dormant and thus needed a new concept. In realising the importance of the sport and the vision of the youths, Jones said the NSC decided to fully sponsor the entire tournament.“The NSC is pleased to be associated with the tournament. When we were approached we recognised that volleyball was dormant and we decided to come on board.With 2019 coming to an end, Jones urged other associations and federations to promote more tournaments as they are willing to support. He also told the GVF that the NSC was willing to fully sponsor Male and Female tournaments before the year is out, once it is feasible.Nedd, meanwhile, said that he was delighted to know that the resurgent idea was birthed from the minds of young students who have seen the importance of sport and academics.The GVF head stated that the upcoming male tourney would be used as a measuring stick for national selection in 2020 for the various overseas events in which the sport usually engages.The tournament will be played among seven teams, including Port Mourant Training Centre, Bartica Warriors, Young Achievers and others from the respective counties of Demerara, Essequibo and Berbice.The tournament spikes off on November 30 at the National Gymnasium. (Clifton Ross)FIXTURES: PreliminariesSaturday, starting-time 10:00hrsRollers Volleyball Club (VC) vs Vanguard VCBartica Warriors VC vs Premier Eagles VCYoung Achievers VC vs PMTC VCCastrol Strikers VC vs Premier Eagles VCRollers VC v PMTC VCCastrol Strikers VC vs Bartica Warriors VCVanguard VC vs Young Achievers VCRollers VC vs Young Achievers VCVanguards VC vs PMTC VCSemifinalsSunday; starting-time 10:00hrsWinner of Group A vs Runner-up of Group BWinner of Group B vs Runner-up of Group AFinals (Sunday)Third-place playoffFirst-place playoff
Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on March 18, 2018 at 5:25 pm Contact Matthew: email@example.com | @MatthewGut21 Comments DETROIT — Syracuse will keep on dancing.Even without its starting point guard over the final 6:39, Syracuse went on a big run to close out the game and beat No. 3 seed Michigan State on Sunday afternoon at Little Caesars Arena.Less than 48 hours after playing lockdown defense against high-powered No. 6 seed Texas Christian, Syracuse (23-13, 8-10 Atlantic Coast) beat No. 3 seed Michigan State (30-5, 16-2 Big 10), 55-53. A ferocious defensive effort by SU sent the Orange to the Sweet 16 in Omaha, Nebraska, next week.The Spartans entered the season ranked No. 2 in the AP Top 25, has never been ranked lower than No. 9 and has been ranked outside the top-five for just two all weeks all season. MSU ended the year ranked No. 5 and, by some accounts, should have received an even higher seed than No. 3.But Syracuse’s strong defense prevailed. Tyus Battle led the Orange with 17 points and Oshae Brissett added 15 in the win.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textHere are three quick takeaways from the game.Key stretchSyracuse went off on a 7-0 run over a 1:20 period late in the game, even with starting junior point guard Frank Howard out because he picked up his fifth personal foul on a questionable 50-50 ball near midcourt. MSU didn’t make a single field goal over the final 5:40 of game time.Brissett worked chaos way inside a crowd of white jerseys and converted a layup. Marek Dolezaj made two free throws. Former-walk on Braedon Bayer held his own at the top of the 2-3 zone and defense to keep SU in the contest and keep dancing on.Meat and potatoesAt points, Michigan State’s 21 second-chance points sucked the life out of Syracuse, elongated possessions and gave the mostly MSU-backed arena something to cheer about. The deep, well-balanced MSU offense had trouble all game against SU’s 2-3 zone. But collecting offensive boards — sometimes three on a single time down the floor — provided ample opportunities to maintain a lead until the closing minutes.The Spartans front line is no taller than that of Syracuse, but they are muscular and physical inside. They crashed the glass hard. But Syracuse’s defense mounted nearly every Spartan first-chance and maintained the gridlock defense that powered it past high-powered offenses in Arizona State, Texas Christian and now Michigan State.Twenty-six offensive rebounds weren’t enough for the Spartans because SU’s defense didn’t allow space and forced MSU to shoot 17-for-66 from the field.Brissett vs. BridgesArguably the two most talented players on the court, MSU sophomore Miles Bridges and SU freshman Oshae Brissett, matched up in several one-on-one situations. Both clearly indicated they were the alpha male of their respective team. Brissett took command of the SU offense, knocking down contested shots and maneuvering inside.With just over a minute left, Brissett grabbed a defensive rebound to set up a Battle step-back jumper that pushed SU’s lead to three. Brissett also had nine rebounds and played the whole game.