Photo: PexelsJAMESTOWN – Business leaders in Jamestown are clarifying new rules for essential employees who interact with the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.The Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce says a new executive order by New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo now requires all employees who interact with customers or the public must be provided with face coverings.The Executive Order reads, in part: “any employees who are present in the workplace shall be provided and shall wear face coverings when in direct contact with customers or members of the public. Businesses must provide, at their expense, such face coverings for their employees.”This mandate applies to all employees working in public areas of licensed businesses including liquor stores, pharmacies, and grocery stores, in addition to restaurants, bars, and manufacturers providing food and alcoholic beverages for delivery and takeout. Officials say the provision may be enforced by local governments or local law enforcement as if it were an order pursuant to section 12 or 12-b of the Public Health Law.Businesses licensed to sell alcohol who fail to follow this Executive Order, or any other Executive Order, will be subject to SLA discipline.The full order is available on the state’s website.On Wednesday, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced he is issuing a new executive order requiring face masks in public in the state of New York.Starting Friday, all New Yorkers will need to carry a face mask or covering while they’re out in public. You will need to wear it in any situation where you aren’t able to social distance. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Ballmer and the Clippers previously offered to spend an additional $100 million on a community benefit package, including $75 million to support affordable housing. The exact terms of the package are still under negotiation.Traffic concernsThe new ownership of the Forum will alleviate potential traffic congestion in the corridor by allowing the two venues to coordinate programming, according to the Clippers.“We know traffic is something that many Inglewood residents worry about. While we have gone to great lengths to provide an unprecedented traffic-management plan for the new basketball arena, this acquisition provides a much greater ability to coordinate and avoid scheduling events at the same time at both venues,” said Chris Meany, a principal of Wilson Meany, the developer overseeing the new basketball arena project.An environmental impact report released in December estimated a simultaneous concert at The Forum and a basketball game at the arena could impact 61 intersections and eight freeway segments. The arena is expected to contribute to a “significant and unavoidable” increase in traffic, noise and pollutants, according to the report.Millions spent on lawsuitsMadison Square Garden Co., which bought The Forum for $23.5 million in 2012 and invested $100 million in renovations, has waged an all-out war to try to stop the Clippers from coming to the city. MSG sued Inglewood and its mayor, James T. Butts Jr., in 2018, alleging he tricked the company’s executives into giving up their rights to the land needed for the proposed arena. Clippers vs. Mavericks: 3 trends to watch in their NBA playoff series Clippers see room to improve vs. Mavericks in Game 2 The owners of the Los Angeles Clippers will buy The Forum concert venue in Inglewood for $400 million as part of a settlement agreement with Madison Square Garden Co..The agreement ends years of legal battles that threatened the feasibility of a proposed $1.2 billion Clippers arena in the city that soon will be home to an adjacent $5 billion NFL stadium for the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers. That 18,000-seat arena just south of the new NFL stadium will still move forward.Under the newly formed CAPSS LLC, the Clippers’ owners will continue to operate the historic Forum — the former home of the Los Angeles Lakers and Kings — as a music venue and has offered to hire all of current employees, according to a press release Tuesday.“This is an unprecedented time, but we believe in our collective future,” said Steve Ballmer, the chairman of the L.A. Clippers. “We are committed to our investment in the City of Inglewood, which will be good for the community, The Clippers, and our fans.” Clippers mindful of Mavericks’ role players thriving in the bubble Clippers’ Montrezl Harrell credits his grandmother for his love of basketball Clippers’ rhythm is missing but their spirits strong before playoff opener The Forum’s owners claimed their fight was not about stopping the competition and instead was an attempt to protect Inglewood residents from a project that would “inflict severe traffic congestion, pollution and many other harms” on the city.Both sides spent millions on the war, with the two parties heavily lobbying state and local officials for support. MSG’s opposition stalled efforts to fast-track the arena by nearly a year.As part of the settlement agreement, MSG will drop its lawsuit against the city and others challenging the environmental review of the project at the corner of Century Boulevard and Prairie Avenue, just across the street from SoFi Stadium.“This is the best resolution for all parties involved and we wish the new owners every success,” the company said in a statement.With MSG out of the way, the Clippers will have eliminated the last of the arena’s roadblocks.Smiling mayor signs settlementThe Inglewood City Council approved the settlement at its meeting Tuesday. Butts, smiling ear to ear, paused the agenda so he could sign the document immediately. A copy of the agreement was not available Tuesday.“The city of Inglewood is overjoyed to welcome Steve Ballmer as the new owner and operator of the Fabulous Forum,” Butts said in a statement Tuesday. “He’s a true community partner.”The purchase is expected to close during the second quarter of 2020, according to the Clippers. The team, which currently plays at Staples Center, wants the arena ready by the 2024 season.Related Articles Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
Yevhen Konoplyanka 1 Roma are set to hold talks with the agent of Liverpool and Tottenham target Yevhen Konoplyanka, according to reports in Italy.The Dnipro winger has just one year remaining on his current contract and talks with the Ukraine club are understood to be stalling.As a result several of Europe’s top clubs have expressed an interest in Konoplyanka, who scored 13 goals in 36 appearances last season.Liverpool and Tottenham are reportedly leading the chase, but West Ham also had a bid rejected for the 25-year-old last summer.However, according to Sky Sport Italia, Roma have now scheduled talks with Konoplyanka’s agent in January.Dnipro are said to be keen on striking a deal then, before the player becomes available on a free next summer.
Donegal star Michael Murphy believes the GAA may be better off calling a halt to pre-match parades.Michael MurphyThere were ugly scenes last Sunday prior to Armagh’s Ulster Championship quarter-final with Cavan when a massive brawl broke out before the ball was even thrown in.The Glenswilly man admits that he can take or leave what is becoming part of a major pre-match build-up. “It’s different with the club, where you play the game straight away, and you get used to that as well. If that’s the case with the county I’d be happy enough with that too.”A major scuffle broke out between both teams after Armagh lined up behind the Cavan flag, which was being carried by the St Michael’s Scout Band.Cavan forward Martin Dunne was injured in the fracas.The GAA is coming under pressure to address the pre-match parade, and Murphy told Sky Sport it may be better off omitting it completely. “It wouldn’t be too bad, one way or the other,” said Murphy. “Is it needless? It’s just a tradition, and whether you can speak out much against tradition I don’t know.“I suppose it may add to the whole general spectacle as such. But it’s a funny one and an individual preference, really.“There are so many different things before a game now. You go out early, get through your warm-up, which is needed, then there’s the whole thing of the toss, the parade, the national anthem, and maybe the minute’s silence, which tends to be in nearly every game at the moment.“It’s different with the club, where you play the game straight away, and you get used to that as well. If that’s the case with the county I’d be happy enough with that too.”The GAA’s Central Competitions Control Committee is reviewing video evidence and the referee’s report following the Athletic Grounds brawl. It is believed that both county boards will face fines at the very least. Rather than a parade which can add to pre-match tensions between the sides, Murphy says more players would prefer to get the game underway.“Aye, that’d be fair enough, I think you would,” he said. “I suppose you’re out on the pitch, for 20 or 30 minutes before the game. I’m sure both teams that went out on Sunday were focused on carrying out their plan, and execute the game plan.“But football and hurling throws up things that you really can’t plan for. It’s how you react as individuals and how you react as a team, and what your principles are.”MURPHY SAYS TIME MAY HAVE COME TO SCRAP MATCH PARADE was last modified: June 12th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:donegalGAAglenswillyMichael Murphyparades