USA: Dominion’s Cove Point ships first LNG export cargo


first_imgLNG World News Staff Dominion Energy’s Cove Point terminal in Maryland, the second US facility to produce LNG from shale gas, shipped its first cargo of the fuel on Friday.As previously reported by LNG World News, Shell’s 136,985-cbm LNG carrier Gemmata docked at the Cove Point facility on Wednesday to load the first LNG export cargo.The LNG tanker left the facility early on Friday, according to the marine data provider, VesselsValue. The vessel’s final destination was not disclosed by the time this article was published.Dominion Energy has previously said that Shell was providing the natural gas needed for liquefaction during the commissioning process of the facility and will off-take by ship the LNG that is produced.When commissioning is complete, Dominion’s LNG export facility will produce the chilled fuel for ST Cove Point, the joint venture of Japan’s Sumitomo Corporation and Tokyo Gas, and for India’s GAIL under 20-year contracts.The $4 billion Cove Point facility has a nameplate capacity of 5.25 mtpa of LNG.last_img read more

Bully’s carnival date change suggestion given two thumbs down


first_imgEvents Director, Natalie Clarke-Meade.A suggestion by Dominica’s Cultural Advisor Dr. Alwin Bully to change the date of its Real Mas celebrations is not getting the full support of two top members within the carnival organization.Both Events Director of the Dominica Festivals Committee Natalie Clarke-Meade and a former senior cultural officer Noreen Joseph say they won’t support suggestions to move the event to the summertime.While there has been widespread debate on the matter, Bully has reasoned that the change will assist the Carnival in becoming more economically viable.He also justified his reasons by pointing out that Dominica’s carnival is competing with that of Trinidad and Tobago’s’.Clarke-Meade told Dominica Vibes News that she understands Dr. Bully’s reasoning based on the economic viability and the fact that Carnival comes after the World Creole Music Festival and some sponsors are not able to offer the level of sponsorship required.However she says this decision might have an impact on the Real Mas which is known for its traditional and spontaneous nature. “I don’t know how the people of Dominica would react to that because your Carnival is over 130 years old. It has run like clockwork every year leading up to Ash Wednesday, to now take away that tradition and that culture away and say that we want to put it at the end of June because we want it to be more economically viable, I don’t know how well that will go down with the common man and woman on the street.” Clarke-Meade also noted that “all minds have to contend and really think about this in a logical way”.Noreen Joseph during Costume Parade on Carnival Tuesday 2012.Cultural Icon Noreen Joseph also defers with Dr. Bully’s suggestion, arguing that Dominica’s Carnival is heavily based on culture and tradition while Trinidad’s own is based on costume. She explained that if the Carnival date is changed to Bully’s stipulated summertime date, Dominica might not attract people in the United States who normally take vacation to the Caribbean during this time due to the cold temperatures. She further explained that June/July would not be suitable either as this might affect the youth involvement in Carnival. “There were seven school bands this year if it’s in June or July most of them are somewhere else on vacation or April to May they are writing exams what is going to happen to that aspect of the Carnival; the youth Carnival, the Junior Carnival the people that we asking to take our places now what’s going to happen them?” she questioned.Joseph, who is also a former head of the road parade committee, suggests however that more focused be placed on the proper and effective marketing of Dominica’s tradition. “I am saying that if we concentrate on marketing our Carnival properly, if we market it more effectively we will reach a number of persons. I think that the other countries that celebrate Carnival at the same time is a totally different aspect of Carnival. I don’t think that there is any competition with Trinidad; Trinidad is totally costume and if you’re not in a costume band you cannot jump in Trinidad’s Carnival whereas you can have a T-shirt band here in Dominica, you can make a sensay and this is what we need to promote our traditional mas. I’m saying let us market more aggressively to those people and they will come.”According to Joseph that change will also affect the name “Carnival” as it would no longer precede the Lent season. “When we remove Carnival from its present date that precedes Lent we no longer have a Carnival we have a festival. It’s no longer a Carnival because Carnival as we know it precedes Lent. Where are you going to put Lent? We cannot shift Lent so people might even start to forget Lent because there was not the two days.”Joseph said; “It’s debatable and it will continue to create confusion maybe but I’m not sure changing of the date will stick but it’s my opinion”.Mrs. Clarke-Meade also noted that improved marketing should be the focus as opposed to a date change.She also highlighted the fact that Dominica’s Carnival is “still safe unlike Trinidad and Tobago which has a high crime and violence level, people can come here and be spontaneous”.She proposes that the marketing strategy should be changed; the festival should be branded properly and organized in a different way to entice more people to participate.Dominica Vibes News 29 Views   no discussions LocalNews Bully’s carnival date change suggestion given two thumbs down by: – February 23, 2012 Tweet Sharecenter_img Share Sharing is caring! Sharelast_img read more

Carol Adele Jackson, 85


first_imgCarol Adele Jackson, 85 of Greensburg passed away on May 21, 2020. She was born on March 14, 1935 in Indianapolis, Indiana the daughter of James and Francis Petrie Crumbo.  Carol was a 1953 graduate of Glendale High School.  On May 21, 1973 she married George Jackson and on the day of her death they celebrated their 47 wedding anniversary.  Carol was a member of the Clarksburg Christian Church and the Loyal Circle.  She loved her family, flea markets, and traveling to the beach or Arizona.Survivors include: Husband, George Jackson; Children, Clifford Weir, Joseph Weir, George R. Jackson and Mario (Amy) Jackson; Step Children, Donna (Mark) Vise, Soloane (Kevin) Hofmann and Kristina (Barry) Zeidman. Several Grand and Great Grandchildren. She was preceded in death by: Parents; Daughter, Deborah Weir; Sister, Rebecka Russell; and Brother, Jim Crumbo, Jr.A facebook live funeral will be held on Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 1:00 pm with Rev. Jerran Jackson officiating. You can watch the Funeral from the Gilliland-Howe Funeral Home Page.  Following the funeral, family and friends are invited to attend a public visitation from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm at the Gilliland-Howe Funeral Home, the family has requested you wear a mask and follow all social distancing guidelines.  Memorial contributions can be made to the Clarksburg Christian Church or to Premier Hospice.  Online condolences can be made to the family at www.gilliland-howe.comlast_img read more

Cricket News Hardik Pandya set to replace Virat Kohli? India all-rounder flies to New Zealand for series


first_imgHardik Pandya, KL Rahul suspension lifted by CoA.Pandya, Rahul were suspended for ‘outrageous’ comments on Koffee With Karan.Virat Kohli has been rested for two ODIs, three T20Is in New Zealand. Pandya and Rahul’s crass comments on the show ‘Koffee With Karan’, where they spoke about hooking up with multiple women, were criticised by one and all and led to a social media storm. While Diana Edulji wanted the BCCI office-bearers to be involved in deciding the fate of the two cricketers, CoA chief Vinod Rai had dismissed the suggestion as it would have been in violation of the Board constitution. The CoA said the decision to suspend the two was taken under “Rule 46 of the approved BCCI Constitution”, which covers players’ conduct that can bring the Board into disrepute.The idea of letting the players get on with the game was first mooted by BCCI acting president CK Khanna, who wanted the suspensions to be lifted pending inquiry. In fact, Khanna refused to convene a Special General Meeting (SGM), which was the demand of at least 14 affiliated units. Most of these officials have allegiance to former board president N Srinivasan. “I did not wish this issue to turn into an administrative mess. For me, it was paramount that Hardik and Rahul return to action and inquiry can also simultaneously continue. If Ben Stokes could continue playing while the court case was on, why can’t that be applicable for Pandya and Rahul,” Khanna said. “I did not convene the SGM as it was against the laws stated in the BCCI constitution. Hardik and Rahul have been punished enough and they will emerge as better human beings. For now, the focus should be on winning World Cup where Hardik might play a massive part.””The above matter and decision has been taken with the concurrence of the Learned Amicus Curiae, Mr. P.S. Narasimha. In view of the above, the suspension orders dated 11.01.2019 is immediately lifted pending appointment and adjudication of the allegations by the BCCI Ombudsman,” read a statement from the CoA, issued by the BCCI which resulted in the suspension of the two players being lifted.Karan Johar, the host of Koffee With Karan, also pleaded for a closure. “I feel very responsible because it was my show, it was my platform. I have had so many so many sleepless nights just wondering about how I can undo this damage, who is gonna listen to me,” he had told ‘ET Now’. The CoA has also decided to introduce a behavioural counselling programme for all representative national teams. Pandya and Rahul are expected to attend these classes with the senior team which will also have sessions on gender sensitisation. New Delhi: Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul’s suspension was lifted by the Committee of Administrators on Thursday, giving them massive relief and paving the way for the duo to resume playing cricket. According to a BCCI media release, Pandya will fly to New Zealand at the earliest while Rahul will join the India A squad for the series against England Lions. If Karnataka manage to overcome Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy semi-final, it is reported that Rahul could play for the team in the final should they make it. Pandya will miss the second ODI in Mount Maunganui but he could be available for the third ODI which will be played on Monday at the same venue. However, it will be a big decision whether Pandya can immediately slot back in the Indian cricket team as he has not had a chance to play international cricket following a back injury which he sustained in the Asia Cup in 2018 which sidelined him for a couple of months.Pandya’s inclusion comes at a time when Indian skipper Virat Kohli has been rested for the final two One Day International matches against New Zealand in the five-match ODI series. He will also be missing the three-match T20 series against New Zealand, starting on February 6. The BCCI declared that Rohit Sharma will be captain of the Indian side in Kohli’s absence. In a statement, the BCCI said, “Considering his workload in the last few months, the team management and senior selection committee is of the view that it would be ideal for him to get adequate rest ahead of the home series against Australia. There will be no replacement for Kohli in the squad for the New Zealand series.”With Pandya joining the squad and with Kohli being rested, the team composition for the third, fourth and fifth games against New Zealand will be interesting. Will the team management get Pandya in for Kohli? Will Rohit risk slotting Pandya in the lower-middle order and push MS Dhoni to number four? With Kohli out after the ODIs in Mount Maunganui, who occupies the No.3 slot will be vital for India in the series. India currently lead the five-match series 1-0 after hammering New Zealand by eight wickets in Napier. highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Breaking: Massacre as children among more than 20 shot dead at American church


first_imgThere has been another massacre in America after 20 people attending church were killed. A man opened fire inside a church in a small South Texas community on Sunday, killing more than 20 people, including children, and wounding at least 20 others.Authorities said the man walked into the First Baptist Church, a white, wood-framed building, during the morning service and began shooting at the 50-strong congregation. Some reports put the number of dead at 27.Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt told the Wilson County News that the gunman was then “taken down” after fleeing the scene of the massacre in Sutherland Springs.Emergency services converged on the church in the small town south east of San Antonio and helicopters were taking victims to hospitals.A woman who was working close to the church said that the mass-shooting “doesn’t make sense.” Breaking: Massacre as children among more than 20 shot dead at American church was last modified: November 5th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

BlueStone to pump in Rs 40 cr on marketing this year


first_imgNew Delhi, Jul 10 (PTI) Ratan Tata-backed BlueStone.com will invest Rs 40 crore on marketing over the next 12 months as it looks to expand in the nascent-yet burgeoning online jewellery market in India.The company, which introduced new facilities like home trials and chat options for prospective buyers, said it is on track to quadruple revenue to Rs 1,000 crore by 2018.”We are seeing a strong growth momentum as there is a clear shift in consumer mindset. The purchase is now towards more trendy jewellery and we are focused on introducing new designs and collections for our customers,” BlueStone.Com Chief Operating Officer Arvind Singhal told PTI.He further said the average cart size ranges between Rs 25,000 and Rs 40,000 and has less than 5 per cent return rate.”Over the next 12 months, we will invest Rs 40 crore towards marketing. Investments are being made on educating customers about online jewellery buying as this segment is still in its nascent stages,” he added.Asked about the timeline for hitting profits, Singhal said the company expects to become EBIDTA positive in the next 2-2.5 years.BlueStone, which raised Rs 100 crore funding in last July, has investors like Accel Partners, IVY Capital, Dragoneer, Kalaari Capital and Saama Capital along with Tata, who invested in his personal capacity.The company has a facility in Mumbai where it manufactures based on orders. Once, a customer places an order for a particular design, it takes about three days to manufacture and up to five working days to deliver the product.advertisement”We are aggressively expanding our offering and channels of reaching customers. Our home trials have seen significant growth. These result in 65 per cent conversions and the ticket sizes are about 30 per cent higher,” Singhal said.The facility is available in about 16 cities including Lucknow and Chandigarh.He further said the company will strengthen service in these cities before expanding to other locations.BlueStone.com, which also gets orders from countries like the US, the UK, Australia and Canada, sees continued growth in international business in the coming years.”Right now, its about 5 per cent of our revenue. When we hit the Rs 1,000 crore revenue mark, we expect it to be about 5-8 per cent of the sales,” Singhal said.According to reports, the fine jewellery market in India is pegged at about USD 60 billion, of which online market accounts for a minimal portion. PTI SR PRB ABK ABMlast_img read more