Teen star Billy Gilmour backed to shine by Chelsea’s Barkley


first_img Promoted Content10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do8 Shows That Went From “Funny” To “Why Am I Watching This”6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeLil Nas X’s Hit Song Is Becoming The Longest #1 Song EverHidden For A Thousand Years – A Secret Of The Great Wall Of China7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them “With injuries it gives opportunities for other lads to take and the manager is willing to put lads in. If you deserve the chance and play well you get in the team.” He said Gilmour impressed every day in training. Ross Barkley has praised teenage midfielder Billy Gilmour after his sparkling performance in Chelsea’s 2-0 FA Cup win against Liverpool. Chelsea midfielder Billy Gilmour impressed against Liverpool The 18-year-old Scot belied his rookie status to boss Tuesday’s fifth-round victory over the Premier League champions-elect, deservedly winning the man-of-the-match award. He mopped up in defence, set up attacks and even nutmegged Brazil midfielder Fabinho in a virtuoso coming-of-age performance at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea boss Frank Lampard said he had absolute trust in Gilmour, describing him as “huge in talent”. The club’s injury crisis could pave the way for the youngster’s full Premier League debut against Everton this weekend. Barkley has offered a ringing endorsement of the former Rangers youth star. “Billy was ready for his chance against Liverpool and he took it,” he said.Advertisement Read Also: Chelsea face uncertainty over Abraham injury “For a young lad he is really mature with his ability on the ball, he makes the right decision most of the time,” he said. “He is similar to Jorginho. He is a quality player and a good addition to the squad. “He recently moved into the first-team changing room with us and he’s settled in really well and long may it continue. He is always asking questions as well, which is a sign of a player that wants to improve and do well for the club.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… last_img read more

Ghana League Cypher:Hearts of Oak better off keeping Coach Herbert Addo for season’s remainder


first_imgThe calls for the dismissal of Accra Hearts of Oak head coach Herbert Addo reached an all-time high following the Phobians loss at the hands of Hasaacas. With nine games to go in the First Capital Plus Premier League, are the Phobians better off doing away with the services of their trainer or will their persistence to see Herbert handle the team for the remainder of the campaign pay off?Watch Supersport/GPL Commentator, Willie Graham ,Coach Eben Sefa and Seidu Adamu discuss the impact both scenarios will have on the rest of the season for the Accra giants on this week’s edition of the Ghana League Cypher anchored by Joy Sports George Addo Jnr!Watch Videolast_img read more

Clippers will buy The Forum for $400 million so they can build a $1.2 billion arena in Inglewood


first_imgBallmer and the Clippers previously offered to spend an additional $100 million on a community benefit package, including $75 million to support affordable housing. The exact terms of the package are still under negotiation.Traffic concernsThe new ownership of the Forum will alleviate potential traffic congestion in the corridor by allowing the two venues to coordinate programming, according to the Clippers.“We know traffic is something that many Inglewood residents worry about. While we have gone to great lengths to provide an unprecedented traffic-management plan for the new basketball arena, this acquisition provides a much greater ability to coordinate and avoid scheduling events at the same time at both venues,” said Chris Meany, a principal of Wilson Meany, the developer overseeing the new basketball arena project.An environmental impact report released in December estimated a simultaneous concert at The Forum and a basketball game at the arena could impact 61 intersections and eight freeway segments. The arena is expected to contribute to a “significant and unavoidable” increase in traffic, noise and pollutants, according to the report.Millions spent on lawsuitsMadison Square Garden Co., which bought The Forum for $23.5 million in 2012 and invested $100 million in renovations, has waged an all-out war to try to stop the Clippers from coming to the city. MSG sued Inglewood and its mayor, James T. Butts Jr., in 2018, alleging he tricked the company’s executives into giving up their rights to the land needed for the proposed arena. Clippers vs. Mavericks: 3 trends to watch in their NBA playoff series Clippers see room to improve vs. Mavericks in Game 2 The owners of the Los Angeles Clippers will buy The Forum concert venue in Inglewood for $400 million as part of a settlement agreement with Madison Square Garden Co..The agreement ends years of legal battles that threatened the feasibility of a proposed $1.2 billion Clippers arena in the city that soon will be home to an adjacent $5 billion NFL stadium for the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers. That 18,000-seat arena just south of the new NFL stadium will still move forward.Under the newly formed CAPSS LLC, the Clippers’ owners will continue to operate the historic Forum — the former home of the Los Angeles Lakers and Kings — as a music venue and has offered to hire all of current employees, according to a press release Tuesday.“This is an unprecedented time, but we believe in our collective future,” said Steve Ballmer, the chairman of the L.A. Clippers. “We are committed to our investment in the City of Inglewood, which will be good for the community, The Clippers, and our fans.” Clippers mindful of Mavericks’ role players thriving in the bubble Clippers’ Montrezl Harrell credits his grandmother for his love of basketball Clippers’ rhythm is missing but their spirits strong before playoff opener The Forum’s owners claimed their fight was not about stopping the competition and instead was an attempt to protect Inglewood residents from a project that would “inflict severe traffic congestion, pollution and many other harms” on the city.Both sides spent millions on the war, with the two parties heavily lobbying state and local officials for support. MSG’s opposition stalled efforts to fast-track the arena by nearly a year.As part of the settlement agreement, MSG will drop its lawsuit against the city and others challenging the environmental review of the project at the corner of Century Boulevard and Prairie Avenue, just across the street from SoFi Stadium.“This is the best resolution for all parties involved and we wish the new owners every success,” the company said in a statement.With MSG out of the way, the Clippers will have eliminated the last of the arena’s roadblocks.Smiling mayor signs settlementThe Inglewood City Council approved the settlement at its meeting Tuesday. Butts, smiling ear to ear, paused the agenda so he could sign the document immediately. A copy of the agreement was not available Tuesday.“The city of Inglewood is overjoyed to welcome Steve Ballmer as the new owner and operator of the Fabulous Forum,” Butts said in a statement Tuesday. “He’s a true community partner.”The purchase is expected to close during the second quarter of 2020, according to the Clippers. The team, which currently plays at Staples Center, wants the arena ready by the 2024 season.Related Articles Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more