Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), First Exploration & Production (First E&P) and Schlumberger signed a tripartite agreement for development of the Anyala and Madu fields under OML 83 and OML 85, offshore Nigeria.Under the agreement, Schlumberger will contribute the required services in kind and capital for the project development until first oil, the company said.OML 83 and OML 85 are in shallow waters 40 km offshore in the Niger Delta. The Anyala and Madu fields are discoveries with a combined STOIIP of more than 450 million bbl and GIIP of more than 800 Bscf.First E&P holds a 40% interest in the licenses and is the operator of the asset; NNPC holds the remaining 60%.The project will be developed with an existing FPSO and is designed to add 50,000 bbls of oil per day and 120 MMscf of gas per day.Project FID is expected to be made in December 2017, with first oil production in 2019. The investment in the project, phased over several years, is estimated at $700 million.The agreement is based on a guaranteed project return and includes a payment assurance bank facility.
Press Association Having missed the chance to prove himself against dual Derby winner Australia and the rest of his age group in last season’s Classics due to injury, the son of High Chaparral is now beginning to fulfil his potential. He won the Prince of Wales’s Stakes on his seasonal debut at Royal Ascot and Weld hopes the four-year-old ends up in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe. “Unfortunately, he got a stress fracture of his tibia when he was working exceptionally well (last year) and that delayed his entire late spring and summer campaign,” the Rosewell handler told At The Races. “He didn’t reappear until September, when he won a nice Group race at Leopardstown, and it was then unfortunate on Champions Day at Ascot that he had to run on very heavy ground. “He ran such an excellent race just to be beaten. “We’re always expecting better. I had a hold-up with him just before he won at Royal Ascot, where I thought he put up an excellent performance in winning the Prince of Wales’s. “It was lovely to win a nice Group One with him at Royal Ascot but I think there’s more to come and, with luck, he can do better in the autumn. “I’m not certain what his best trip is. He’s very good at 10 furlongs as he has a lot of pace, but I believe he can carry it out over a mile and a half. “He’s relaxed and well balanced and hopefully he’ll be able to run in the Arc.” Dermot Weld believes Free Eagle can be just as effective over a mile and a half as he is over 10 furlongs.
Anthony Joshua According to Daily Mail, the Nigerian born British boxer has been seen putting in the hard yards at the gym only four days after his victory in Saudi Arabia, before tucking into a calorie-heavy meal after a tough workout.The Olympic champion’s strength and conditioning coach, Sina Ghami, posted to his Instagram footage of AJ performing shoulder rolls on Wednesday night, while other members of his entourage hit the weights.The rigorous gym session was shortly followed by a big meal for the team, with meat, salad and pasta on the menu for the heavyweight champion.Joshua opted to cut down on the carbs before his rematch with Ruiz Jr, in a bid to come in lighter and better conditioned to last the full 12 rounds against the Mexican.And his plan worked a treat. AJ was elusive and boxed smartly for the full 12 rounds to leave The Destroyer chasing shadows and losing his grip on the heavyweight crown.Joshua has since been ordered to face his mandatory challengers by the WBO and IBF. Oleksandr Usyk and Kubrat Pulev are therefore in pole position to secure a shot at AJ next Spring.However, in between his next high profile bout, the boxer is expected to visit Nigeria again, this time to present the world title belts he regained last Saturday to President Muhammad Buhari in Abuja next year.There are also plans to ensure that the boxer will stage one of his future bouts in Nigeria to become the second time a World Heavyweight boxing title bout is staged on the continent of Africa after the 1974 ‘Rumble in the Jungle’ in Congo Democratic Republic then Zaire when Legendary Muhammed Ali regained his title from Goerge Foreman.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Femi Solaja with agency reportWorld Heavyweight Boxing Champion, Anthony Joshua, has cut short the expected vacation from his profession after dominant win over Andy Ruiz Jr, following the decision of the boxer to return the gym in preparation for other tougher challenges ahead.The 30-year-old has business to attend to as he sets out to become the heavyweight king in 2020, with mega bouts against Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder targeted for the WBA, WBO and IBF champion.