The NHRA resumed its season Saturday in front of an expected crowd of 3,000 to 4,000 at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis.Fans were not allowed at Friday’s practice session but returned in a limited capacity for qualifying NHRA President Glen Cromwell said ticket sales were capped at about 10 to 15% of normal capacity.They also are expected to attend Sunday’s finals.Most fans wore face coverings on a hot, sun-drenched day, complying with county guidelines, and observed social distancing in the stands, pits and at concession areas.John Force Racing did not attend the first of two consecutive weeks of activity in Indianapolis. Manager Aaron Boone announced the diagnosis Saturday. He said Chapman “overall is doing well” but “will not be here for the foreseeable future.”Chapman threw a bullpen session Tuesday, and Boone wouldn’t comment on whether he had been at Yankee Stadium since. Boone said the team had gone through contact tracing protocols, and no other players or personnel would be forced to isolate because of Chapman’s positive test.The Yankees will open their regular season July 23 against the World Series champion Nationals at Washington. If Chapman isn’t back by the opener, Boone said left-hander Zack Britton would be a “natural guy” to replace him, but a formal decision hasn’t been made.Chapman, a six-time All-Star, has 273 career saves, including 37 last season when he had a 2.21 ERA.___ The weekend ends a 138-day hiatus for America’s top drag racing series.“The NHRA Task Force spent months going through detail after detail to get this done,” Cromwell told The Associated Press. “It’s been a lot of work the past 3 1/2 months.”___Coronavirus cases spiking in the Las Vegas area contributed to the NHL choosing two Canadian cities to complete its season.Deputy commissioner Bill Daly on Saturday called the rise a “concern” to the league. He adds that it was “one of the reasons” the NHL chose to put games in Toronto and Edmonton, Alberta. Las Vegas was long considered a front-runner. The Latest: Yankees closer Chapman has virus, symptoms Captain Tom was aged 99 in April when he decided to do laps of his backyard garden on his walker until his 100th birthday to fundraise for Britain’s National Health Service. He aimed for 1,000 pounds ($1,200). By his birthday on April 30, he raised nearly 33 million pounds ($42 million).He was knighted in May.Beckham said: “The highlight of my whole career was being made England captain. To have Sir Tom as our captain — it doesn’t get any better than that.”___The Houston Astros have canceled their workout after learning that a staff member could have been exposed to a person outside the organization with the coronavirus. July 11, 2020 Associated Press It’s the second time this week the Astros have canceled a workout because of concerns about the pandemic. Houston also scrapped its Monday workout because of delays with testing results due to the holiday weekend, as did some other teams around the majors.General manager James Click said they decided to cancel Saturday’s workout as a precaution.“As part of MLB’s testing and reporting plan, we were alerted that a staff member was potentially exposed to a COVID-positive individual outside the organization,” Click said. “Out of an abundance of caution, we have canceled today’s workout. We are working closely with MLB and our team physicians to follow the established testing and cleaning protocols so that we can safely bring our players and staff back to the field as soon as possible.”___Parma soccer club has announced that a non-playing member of the team tested positive for the coronavirus. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___New York Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman has tested positive for the coronavirus and is experiencing mild symptoms. Parma says the person is asymptomatic and is being isolated according to Italian government protocols. The Serie A club adds that every other member of the team tested negative but that the rest of the squad was being kept under observation at its training center.According to the league’s virus protocol, Parma can still play its home game against Bologna in the top tier on Sunday as usual.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports Daly says one player testing positive when play starts isn’t expected to shut down the playoffs, but an outbreak would change the equation. He didn’t say what the league considered an outbreak.___David Beckham has presented a framed England soccer shirt to Captain Tom Moore, who was named the honorary captain of a special England Lionhearts team.The Lionhearts are an initiative by England’s Football Association to celebrate 23 people who have inspired during the pandemic.Beckham went to the Bedfordshire home of Captain Tom to say thank you to the World War II veteran.
Ballmer and the Clippers previously offered to spend an additional $100 million on a community benefit package, including $75 million to support affordable housing. The exact terms of the package are still under negotiation.Traffic concernsThe new ownership of the Forum will alleviate potential traffic congestion in the corridor by allowing the two venues to coordinate programming, according to the Clippers.“We know traffic is something that many Inglewood residents worry about. While we have gone to great lengths to provide an unprecedented traffic-management plan for the new basketball arena, this acquisition provides a much greater ability to coordinate and avoid scheduling events at the same time at both venues,” said Chris Meany, a principal of Wilson Meany, the developer overseeing the new basketball arena project.An environmental impact report released in December estimated a simultaneous concert at The Forum and a basketball game at the arena could impact 61 intersections and eight freeway segments. The arena is expected to contribute to a “significant and unavoidable” increase in traffic, noise and pollutants, according to the report.Millions spent on lawsuitsMadison Square Garden Co., which bought The Forum for $23.5 million in 2012 and invested $100 million in renovations, has waged an all-out war to try to stop the Clippers from coming to the city. MSG sued Inglewood and its mayor, James T. Butts Jr., in 2018, alleging he tricked the company’s executives into giving up their rights to the land needed for the proposed arena. Clippers vs. Mavericks: 3 trends to watch in their NBA playoff series Clippers see room to improve vs. Mavericks in Game 2 The owners of the Los Angeles Clippers will buy The Forum concert venue in Inglewood for $400 million as part of a settlement agreement with Madison Square Garden Co..The agreement ends years of legal battles that threatened the feasibility of a proposed $1.2 billion Clippers arena in the city that soon will be home to an adjacent $5 billion NFL stadium for the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers. That 18,000-seat arena just south of the new NFL stadium will still move forward.Under the newly formed CAPSS LLC, the Clippers’ owners will continue to operate the historic Forum — the former home of the Los Angeles Lakers and Kings — as a music venue and has offered to hire all of current employees, according to a press release Tuesday.“This is an unprecedented time, but we believe in our collective future,” said Steve Ballmer, the chairman of the L.A. Clippers. “We are committed to our investment in the City of Inglewood, which will be good for the community, The Clippers, and our fans.” Clippers mindful of Mavericks’ role players thriving in the bubble Clippers’ Montrezl Harrell credits his grandmother for his love of basketball Clippers’ rhythm is missing but their spirits strong before playoff opener The Forum’s owners claimed their fight was not about stopping the competition and instead was an attempt to protect Inglewood residents from a project that would “inflict severe traffic congestion, pollution and many other harms” on the city.Both sides spent millions on the war, with the two parties heavily lobbying state and local officials for support. MSG’s opposition stalled efforts to fast-track the arena by nearly a year.As part of the settlement agreement, MSG will drop its lawsuit against the city and others challenging the environmental review of the project at the corner of Century Boulevard and Prairie Avenue, just across the street from SoFi Stadium.“This is the best resolution for all parties involved and we wish the new owners every success,” the company said in a statement.With MSG out of the way, the Clippers will have eliminated the last of the arena’s roadblocks.Smiling mayor signs settlementThe Inglewood City Council approved the settlement at its meeting Tuesday. Butts, smiling ear to ear, paused the agenda so he could sign the document immediately. A copy of the agreement was not available Tuesday.“The city of Inglewood is overjoyed to welcome Steve Ballmer as the new owner and operator of the Fabulous Forum,” Butts said in a statement Tuesday. “He’s a true community partner.”The purchase is expected to close during the second quarter of 2020, according to the Clippers. The team, which currently plays at Staples Center, wants the arena ready by the 2024 season.Related Articles Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
The best fantasy football owners can do sometimes is react. Heading into Week 13, we’re able to assess guys like Rashaad Penny, Bo Scarbrough and Benny Snell Jr. with some accuracy. Sure, it would’ve been nice to know last week that Penny and Snell should be in all our lineups, but it’s never that simple. There was a case to be made for Scarbrough — he already placed near RB2 territory a week ago. But you’ve surely opened the Week 13 fantasy RB rankings to see if what happened last week can happen again.With Snell, the answer is contingent on the health of James Conner (shoulder). There’s no reason Snell can’t put up solid numbers on heavy volume against the Browns in Week 13 if he gets to be the lead back. If Conner returns, Snell will be relegated to the sideline and not have a chance at big numbers — so, essentially, we can’t really know much about Snell until late in the week. Penny seems more likely to continue his production, although he’s still got to compete with Chris Carson. Penny’s usage Sunday wasn’t injury-related, though, and Chris Carson has pushed himself toward the doghouse because of fumbles multiple times. Penny’s a former first-rounder and probably someone you can trust as a FLEX. Reminder: These rankings will be adjusted throughout week, so check back often for the latest updates and analysis!MORE WEEK 13 DFS: Stacks | Values | Lineup BuilderWeek 13 Fantasy RB RankingsThese rankings are for standard, non-PPR leagues.RankPlayer1Christian McCaffrey, CAR vs. WAS2Saquon Barkley, NYG vs. GB3Dalvin Cook, MIN @ SEA4Josh Jacobs, OAK @ KC. Kansas City allows the most fantasy points to running backs, so Jacobs might be looking at a huge Week 13. 5Derrick Henry, TEN @ IND. Assuming Henry didn’t reverse script and use up all his good weeks already, we’re entering the time of year when he became a leaguer winner a year ago.6Le’Veon Bell, NYJ @ CIN7Alvin Kamara, NO @ ATL. Kamara hasn’t been as effective on the ground as we’ve come to expect, but nine catches saved his fantasy day Sunday and a similar output could be coming his way Thursday night against a Falcons team that can be seriously thrown on.8Nick Chubb, CLE @ PIT9Ezekiel Elliott, DAL vs. BUF. Commentators really like saying that Zeke likes to eat, so what better day for him to totally get back on the right track than Thanksgiving?10Aaron Jones, GB @ NYG11Melvin Gordon, LAC @ DEN12Todd Gurley, LAR @ ARZ13Phillip Lindsay, DEN vs. LAC14David Montgomery, CHI @ DET. Detroit’s biggest weakness is defending against solid running backs, so Montgomery should have one more great game before he approaches the rookie wall. 15Miles Sanders, PHI @ MIA.16Joe Mixon, CIN vs. NYJ17Devin Singletary, BUF @ DAL18Leonard Fournette, JAX vs. TB. Tampa has allowed the second-fewest rushing yards, but Fournette is too good to really consider sitting, especially when you add in his increased role in the passing game this season.19Chris Carson, SEA vs. MIN20Jonathan Williams, IND vs. TEN. Williams saw nearly 30 touches a week ago, and with Marlon Mack (hand) out, you pretty much have to ride the hot hand here.21Benny Snell Jr., PIT vs. CLE. We’ve removed James Conner from the rankings and moved Snell to this spot to adjust accordingly for what should be a heavy early-down workload.22Derrius Guice, WAS @ CAR. Guice saw an increase from seven to 10 carries in his second game back from injury, while Adrian Peterson also rushed 10 times and matched Guice’s one catch. Guice is probably the more talented back at this point, but it’s not a super encouraging situation for fantasy upside. This matchup is, however, so Guice should have a solid day.23Tevin Coleman, SF @ BAL24Devonta Freeman, ATL vs. NO. Check to be sure Freeman is active Thursday night.25Bo Scarbrough, DET vs. CHI. The Bears’ run defense is deceiving at this point. It’s right about league average in fantasy points allowed to running backs. Scarbrough should see 15-plus carries again on Thanksgiving, so you can feel decent about starting him.26Ronald Jones, TB @ JAX27Kenyan Drake, ARZ vs. LAR28Austin Ekeler, LAC @ DEN29Darrel Williams, KC vs. OAK30Kareem Hunt, CLE @ PIT. Hunt’s overall offensive involvement has made him useful in standard leagues, although not to the extent that he’s extra reliable in PPR formats.31Carlos Hyde, HOU vs. NE. The Pats have allowed the fewest fantasy points to RBs this season. The Texans’ offense might move the ball decent with Deshaun Watson at the controls, but that doesn’t mean you can count on a ton of production from Hyde.32James White, NE @ HOU33Sony Michel, NE @ HOU34Mark Ingram, BAL vs. SF. San Francisco has allowed the third-fewest fantasy points to running backs in 2019. Baltimore’s best option in this game will be to rely heavily on Lamar Jackson, which means Ingram’s upside is severely limited. 35Jamaal Williams, GB @ NYG36Rashaad Penny, SEA vs. MIN. Penny’s huge game in Week 12 will have us keeping our eyes on comments out of Seattle all week. This is a former first-rounder who could be extra valuable in fantasy if he were to leapfrog Chris Carson on the depth chart.37LeSean McCoy, KC vs. OAK38David Johnson, ARZ vs. LAR39Adrian Peterson, WAS @ CAR40Tarik Cohen, CHI @ DET41Latavius Murray, NO @ ATL42Raheem Mostert, SF @ BAL43Kalen Ballage, MIA vs. PHI. When eight touches for 26 yards is an improvement, that’s when it whacks you over the head again that it might be time to find a different running back. 44Jaylen Samuels, PIT vs. CLE45Peyton Barber, TB @ JAX46Royce Freeman, DEN vs. LAC47Duke Johnson Jr., HOU vs. NE48Jay Ajayi, PHI @ MIA. Ajayi received six carries in Week 12 and could be a speculative play this week if Jordan Howard remains out, but you’d be betting on Ajayi finding the end zone to make his fantasy start worthwhile.49Brian Hill, ATL vs. NO. Hill would rise back up to around 40 if Devonta Freeman is out Thursday night.50Nyheim Hines, IND vs. TEN. Hines saw a season-high nine carries with Marlon Mack (hand) out in Week 12, so you can probably pencil Hines in for low double-digit touches.51Frank Gore, BUF @ DAL52Dare Ogunbowale, TB @ JAX53Bilal Powell, NYJ @ CIN54Alexander Mattison, MIN @ SEA55Gus Edwards, BAL vs. SF56J.D. McKissic, DET vs. CHI57Malcolm Brown, LAR @ ARZ58Giovani Bernard, CIN vs. NYJ59Rex Burkhead, NE @ HOU60Tony Pollard, DAL vs. BUF61Dion Lewis, TEN @ IND62Ty Johnson, DET vs. CHI63Wayne Gallman, NYG vs. GB WEEK 13 NON-PPR RANKINGS:Quarterback | Wide receiver | Tight end | D/ST | KickerScarbrough might be the easiest to trust in terms of continuing his workload going forward, but his Week 13 Thanksgiving matchup against the Bears is the trickiest to want to play him in. Two weeks of dominating the Lions’ carries suggest that the former Alabama back has made the starter’s job his, so he should definitely be rostered, but starting him this week might be just as risky as the others.WEEK 13 DFS LINEUPS:FD Cash | FD GPP | DK Cash | DK GPP | Y! Cash | Y! GPPOther than those waiver wire targets, it’s another week of anticipating good and bad matchups. David Montgomery (@ Lions) and Jordan Howard (@ Dolphins) have two of the best. Carlos Hyde (vs. Patriots) and Mark Ingram (vs. 49ers) have two of the worst. In the middle, you have a guy like Jonathan Williams, who saw nearly 30 touches on Week 12 Thursday Night Football but had really never been heard from much in his career. We’d take the relatively unproven Williams with seemingly lots of volume over two veterans in tough situations like Hyde and Ingram.WEEK 13 PPR RANKINGS: Running back | Wide receiver | Tight endAnd at last, with no bye weeks, you may actually be able to sit guys like Hyde and Ingram in matchups that you had no choice but to play them in before. Don’t forget, too, to check your lineup before 12:30 p.m. ET on Thanksgiving to make your early decisions.MORE WEEK 13:Waiver pickups | FAAB budget | Snap counts | Stock watch | Fantasy playoff SOS
A young brother and sister now dislike Easter after finding worms in a chocolate Easter egg.The children found the worms and larvae in a chocolate egg.The young children, from Co Donegal, bought the Easter egg in Portugal. Letterkenny Circuit Court heard the incident happened while the children were on holiday with their family in 2004.Barrister Peter Nolan said once the egg was open, the children found it was “riddled with worms and larvae.”The shocked children were upset for a number of days after the incident but suffered no long-term physical affects.However he added “They now have a very negative association with Easter. It ruined their holidays somewhat.”The children were in court with their mother.Mr Nolan said the company who sold the egg, Fernando Barros-Produtos, had made an offer to the children in the case.They had offered each child €2,000 in compensation which he said he had advised his clients to accept.“A sum of €2,000 has been put forward for each child.“It should not have been issued here but it should have been issued in Portugal.“We are advising out clients to accept it because if we travel to Portugal we may only get €20,” he said.Judge Keenan Johnson agreed to the awards.CHILDREN’S EASTER NIGHTMARE AFTER FINDING WORMS IN CHOCOLATE EGG was last modified: April 2nd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:childrenchocolatedonegalEaster egglarvaeLetterkenny Circuit Courtworms